The Leidos Civil Team has an opening for a Senior Middleware Engineer to support critical applications with the Internal Revenue Service
- The Middleware Engineer will act as a recognized SME in middleware technology platforms
- Analyze, develop and implement middleware configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware.
- Create and maintain documentation for middleware installations, changes and upgrades.
- Train Junior Engineers on middleware updates and new installations.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of middleware components.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance and enhancement of middleware applications.
- Drive continuous improvements in your area of expertise
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest middleware technologies
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and 8+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience supporting IRS applications
You will need to have strong technical experience, with a clear understanding of infrastructure engineering operating models and technology leadership within a middleware and java application server based environment. This should include engineering, implementation and past operational experience within the following areas:
- IBM Websphere - MQ, Application Server, Business Process Server, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Registry and Repository
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- IBM Rational – ClearCase and ClearQuest
- Tomcat Apache HTTP Server
- Shell Scripting, Java and wsadmin
- Experience of Linux/Unix
- Build Automation
- NIST Data Exchange Principles
- Master's degree in systems engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.