Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) to support an Intelligence Community client’s large program requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Springfield, VA area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The DPM is responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, developing and executing project schedules, supervising personnel and communicating policies, procedures, and goals to team members. The DPM is responsible for the overall contract, to include personnel and technical management. The DPM provides management oversight of program personnel, both Leidos and subcontractors, ensuring the highest quality of task completion and deliverables in accordance with the contract.
The DPM performs day-to-day management of the program, and develops long-term and strategic objectives to help ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied in future years of the contract. The DPM interfaces frequently with functional areas such as contracts, subcontracts, project control, and security. The DPM ensures program deliverables and schedules are implemented in a timely manner; provides supervision, training, and direction to staff; and serves as a point of contact for customer issues or concerns. The DPM is accountable for meeting contractual performance criteria and due dates during service delivery as well as successful overall project completion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have successful program, project, or task order management experience
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field, 8+ years of relevant IC/DoD experience and demonstrated performance in related positions. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph (other candidates will not be considered)
- The selected candidate must have superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- The selected candidate must have an understanding of the intelligence analysis function within the Intelligence Community
- The selected candidate must have proven experience with recruiting and retaining personnel with expertise and experience appropriate for the customer mission
- The selected candidate must have demonstrable experience successfully managing employee performance.
- The selected candidate will have expertise to collect, analyze, and maintain task performance metrics that measure the execution of all business and operational activities
- The selected candidate will have strong experience with the management of customer relationships and demonstrated history of problem resolution across a range of issues
HOW TO STAND OUT IN THE CROWD:
- Previous program management experience, preferably within a firm fixed price award fee contract structure
- Experience with proposal development; to include developing Basis of Estimates (BOE) and writing technical volumes
- Experience applying program management disciplines within a large Program environment (>200 FTE)
- Program Management Professional certification
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.