Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team. The AIE Solution Architect (ASA) will serve as a direct report to the Program Manager to define and convey the vision of the AIE Solution and its applicability for being the DoD’s access control system. The ASA will work with the program, line organization, and business development to develop innovative approaches and solutions to further the pursuit, expansion and success of infrastructure protection opportunities in the DoD. The ASA will help define the technology roadmap of future capabilities to be developed within the Force Protection and Biometrics Portfolio using the AIE program as the incubator for initiatives including facial recognition, enterprise law enforcement vetting capabilities, and federation of ePACS across DoD and Federal Civilian agencies.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the technology roadmap of future capabilities for AIE, access control and force protection.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic program goals and business results.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of the program.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Lead the development of White Papers on AIE for use with the Government’s PM FPS program team (Current AIE customer) and other DoD customers.
- Represent the PM as principle interface and liaison to line organizations, and business development personnel for initiatives and opportunities related to access control and force protection with current and future customers.
- Technical solutioning and basis of estimate (BOEs) for the current program, engineering change proposals (ECPs), new captures/proposals, and future internal research and development (IR&D) initiatives in infrastructure protection.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 12-+ years of prior relevant experience working in large scale complex integration programs (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- In-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs including familiarity with electronic systems, IT, and network based systems.
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or externally) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/program.
- Strong ability to write and communicate new concepts, practices, and approaches and to collaborate with peers to develop and implement resulting solutions.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance upon hire.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Certifications such as: PMP, CISSP, PSP
- Hands-on experience with leading the design, architecture and implementation of technical solutions on large scale complex integration programs with electronic systems, IT and network-based systems. Experience with DoD force protection technology and solutions including access control systems such as AMAG, Lenel, Vindicator.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.