Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
Be our next Systems Engineer (SE) providing technical systems engineering management in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office. As one of our SEs, you will work closely with the Lead SE, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include requirements analysis, feature, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, as well as working with the SE team in support of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and all associated documentation.
Roles you will be doing on the job:
- Work/collaborate closely with the D3P Lead SE and SE team members along with the architects, software, data, test, and devops engineers as well as data scientists and scrum-masters on the following key tasks:
- Technical support, coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g. agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g. JIRA) as well as program/system documentation through the use of collaboration software (e.g. Confluence)
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with Lead SE and SE team members
- Understand and leverage an “Enterprise Product” approach to identify 1) requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) opportunities for reuse
- Serve as an agile product owner or feature lead within a System of products (creation of the product vision, to design and development, through testing and into ongoing support) where needed
- Coordinate with D3P team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases
- Assist the Lead SE and SE team members in the evaluation of designs compared to requirements and support systems engineering efforts including working with the test team to ensure feature coverage
- Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with the reporting of technical status of product development
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 4+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), systems engineering processes, and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems
- Agile software development knowledge and experience (release and sprint planning, product backlog management/refinement, retrospectives)
- Experience designing, integrating and configuring systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers, architects, software developers, management in the development of complex software systems
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Advanced technical degree or systems engineering or software development/process certifications
- Experience with software systems integration and incremental software development
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.