Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
This position will be within the Human Factors and System Management team, which supports the Exploration Medical Capability (ExMC) Element of the Human Research Program (HRP) at NASA Johnson Space Center. The mission of the team is to advance medical system design and risk-informed decision making for exploration beyond low Earth orbit. The purpose of this position is to provide critical systems engineering skills as NASA continues to evolve systems for exploration missions including lunar transit, lunar surface, Mars transit, and Mars surface missions. It is expected that this position is in support of a larger project team and will receive direction from a more senior systems engineer.
This position will participate over time in activities throughout the life cycle phases of systems, from early concept development, trade studies, design, integration, testing, verification and validation, operations and through sustainment. This position will support project team activities including defining system stakeholder needs, decomposing system functions, developing technical requirements, capturing system interfaces, performing design analyses, supporting the planning and execution of system verification and validation activities, and supporting system testing and operations.
There is an expectation that the candidate will become well-versed in systems engineering principles and practices to support the communication of systems engineering activities and artifacts across disciplines.
• Creating Concept of Operations content
• Deriving, tracing, allocating, and managing requirements
• Supporting definitions of system architectures
• Supporting trade studies and design analyses
• Capturing system interface descriptions
• Tracking system technical resources
• Supporting verification and validation planning and execution
• Other duties will be assigned as required
Required Education and Experience: A BS degree in engineering (e.g., Systems Engineering) with 5 years of experience, and the ability to:
- Translate requirements into design solutions
- Work within a dynamic team environment
- Understand and execute processes and procedures
- Participate in system testing
- Perform system operations and sustainment activities
- Translate concepts across multiple disciplines
- Read engineering drawings
- Well-developed skills in both written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Desired Education and Experience: MS Degree in engineering with 3 years of experience.
- Experience with data visualization tools and scripting languages
- Experience with MagicDraw, DOORS, or CRADLE
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Background in human spaceflight mission full life cycle activities
- Background in Bioastronautics
- Awareness of NASA, DoD and/or industry systems engineering, as well as project management processes and practices, is considered a strength.
- Awareness of spaceflight impacts to human physiology, behavior, and medical state is desired.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering approaches and tools is also desired.
- Candidate should possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers at all levels.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check; due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.