The Leidos Public Health group is currently recruiting a Solution / Systems Architect to support our expanding business. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The SA is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the portfolio overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Develops policies for standardizing systems and development tools. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. It requires balancing short term technical decision with long term technology roadmap.
Provide up front design and ongoing design guidance and reviews. Establishes accountability and transparency through adherence to a clearly defined software development process. Increasing productivity of development teams while raising the standards of quality and system reusability. Provides regular updates to Program Manager and customers regarding the status, risks and activities of all active development projects. Responsible for the design of one or more applications or services within an organization. Recommends new and emerging techniques, tools and best practices to support a highly efficient agile software development team. Participates in the development of a software development process and supports adoption by technical staff. Ensures the creation of design and development artifacts as governed by the software development process. Provides consultation and support for project teams to assist in the delivery of efficient and extensible component designs and source code. Conduct design reviews and code reviews. Ensures that security is embedded in the design and development processes before coding efforts begin. Ensures architecture designs should include functional components as well as user interface artifacts. Provides both high level and detailed guidance to inform architectural and implementation decisions. Provide technical assistance with the project. Share expertise and make recommendations to Program Manager and customers while providing technical guidance and direction to project teams.
- BS degree, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and at least 8 years of experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and between 8+ years of experience working as a Solution / Systems Architect.
- Strong technical background in systems architect, software development, and system engineering practice
- Hands on experience in leading agile projects and SecDevOps environment
- Expert in object-oriented programming and n-tier architecture
- Expert in the following technology: .Net, Java, SQL Server, Team Foundation Server
- Exceptional soft skills including teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical, technical skills, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience leading IT technology architectural activities at CDC or another federal agency
- Solid understanding of federal IT security standards, Federal Architecture Framework, and/or Electronic Health Record
- Experience in architecting, developing and implementing microservices centric solutions
- Experience in building data analytic solution using latest technologies and techniques
- Any technical and/or security certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.