Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Senior-level Software Engineer to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD and Alexandria, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. As a Software Engineer you will participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Have the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of software design, development, documentation, and implementation as well as the ability to design and develop advanced networking techniques. To be successful you should have hands-on Software Engineering experience creating, testing, and deploying solutions into production environments. You should also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, providing onsite support at a customer facility.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the execution of all phases of software design, development, documentation, and implementation
- Develop, test, and Integrate COTS and GOTS GEOINT software solutions into the product baseline.
- Conduct experimentation and testing on incorporating GEOINT solutions into future iterations of the product as well as weapons systems and mission command systems.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to complex engineering problems
- In coordination with Security and Information assurance procedures, implement safeguard measures to prevent damage and unauthorized modification and disclosure.
- Master's Degree in computer science, Information systems, Engineering, business or related scientific or technical discipline or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in related discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Proficient in requirements analysis, design, and coding methodologies; documentation standards; configuration management; DoD software policies; and DoD test and evaluation requirements; real-time operating systems, distributed systems, modeling and simulation; data base design and management, and resource utilization assessment.
- Expert knowledge in SQL design, database creation, and integration on large system-of-systems (SoS) platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 20012R2 and Red Hat Linux 6 / 7
- Relevant experience with geospatial software products, including the esri suite of products.
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Systems Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, or PHP and Windows Power Shell or Pearl
- Must be able to Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Functional knowledge of Oracle or other database types.
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.