The Systems Engineer will provide solutions for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of FAA systems
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct IT engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
- Perform Requirements Analysis Engineering and other system engineering practices.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Maintain standards compliance
- Develops update, and maintain program of record documentation.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Monitor the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
Required Education and Experience:
- 8 years of experience in Systems Engineering
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. 3.0 GPA or greater required.
- Demonstrated evidence of Systems Thinking
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Proven working experience cloud computing environments.
- Extensive network management experience including hardware support for a variety of switches and routers.
- Experience with Government System security requirements
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, NET, etc)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.