The Leidos AIE team has openings for Sr. Security System Engineers supporting our program being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of ACS for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
Primary duties include:
- Design and engineering of electronic security systems (ESS) and Access Control Systems (ACS)
- Identification of Bill of Material (BoM) and end items to support the design
- Develop installation plans and procedures for site specific work related to ESS & ACS systems
- Install and supervise the install and implementation process being performed by security system engineers, security system technicians and subcontractor personnel.
- Conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation. Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Perform the integration of system software as required.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in engineering, IFSM, or related fields are required for the engineer position (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- Requires 4+ years of relevant engineering experience to include at least 3 years of in-field work experience.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) desired but not required; knowledge of ACS & ESS systems such as AMAG, Vindicator, Surveillance cameras, fence and buried line sensors, card access control systems and intercom systems required.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.