Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions - Defense Group is hiring a Senior NetApp Storage Specialist Specialist to join our team in an effort to support efforts with our United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) customer. The position will provide technical leadership and senior level expertise to our Storage Operations team to assist in supporting high profile projects that require NetApp support, troubleshooting critical system issues, and diagnosing and resolving NetApp performance issues. Support will include subject matter expertise in NetApp for the planning, implementation, and migration of IT storage solutions.
This role is 100% telework with requirement to travel up to 25% within the U.S. DOD Secret Clearance is required.
• Develop and oversee the execution of technical plans to integrate NetApp solutions into the USACE networks.
• Provide multi-tiered Enterprise storage design, implementation, and migration support for a large, geographically dispersed environment.
• Serve as the technical liaison between the Government customer, Engineering, and Operations teams on all issues related to select NetApp projects.
• Build and maintain positive relationships within the client organization.
• Review technical designs and plans for issues and provide recommendations / implement to improve the technical outcomes of the project
• Provide senior level technical expertise and direction to the Operations team regarding NetApp storage operations and projects.
• Build, configure, and / or upgrade new and existing system components in accordance with USACE approved functional design requirements
• Test and validate system functionality
• Fully document technical solutions to include, logical and physical system diagrams, data flow diagrams, test plans, and as-built diagrams.
• Work with the Engineering and Operations teams to successfully implement NetApp solutions.
• Support troubleshooting of critical, high priority / high visibility NetApp issues with USACE storage implementations.
• Assess storage performance and provide solutions to optimize services delivered to USACE end users.
• BA/BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Must hold active Secret Clearance. NOTE: Those with ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance may be considered for processing, but those with active clearance will be given priority preference.
• 5 or more years of experience with NetApp storage administration in a large, multi-site environment.
• Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II Certification (Security+ or equivalent certification)
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing NetApp implementations
• Expert level knowledge and experience of storage replication and mirroring, like Data Ontap, applications layer technologies (Snapmirror, Snapvault, SnapRestore, and SnapDrive)
• Expert level knowledge and experience with NetApp Data Ontap Cluster Mode operating system.
• Working knowledge of LAN and WAN environments
• Demonstrated capacity planning and performance analysis capabilities
• Experience with SAN implementations and related technologies such as ISCSI, FC, CIFS, and FNS protocols and disk management concepts such as RAID groups, aggregates and LUNs
• Proven NetApp Certified Data Administrator or NetApp Certified Support Engineer
• Experience with NetApp cloud solutions (e.g. Cloud Volumes OnTap, NetApp Cloud Data Services)
• Experience in storage migrations
• Experience automating storage provisioning
• Experience with Hitachi storage solutions
• Network Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc…)
• ITIL certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.