The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) of Leidos is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to lead an exciting new project in our San Diego, CA offices. The project will advance state-of-the-art performance of novel machine learning algorithms, demonstrate algorithm performance with real test data, select processing hardware to implement the algorithms, and develop system prototypes to deploy the algorithms for field testing. The project will require leadership of Leidos technical personnel, coordination with subcontractors, and close communication with the project sponsor.
A growth mindset and a strong desire to learn new skills to tackle challenging problems in the presence of incomplete information is a priority. The candidate should be exceptionally motivated to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems, including learning new technologies and expanding breadth of expertise. The candidate should be able to work independently and with a team to develop solutions. You will have the unique opportunity to work at the intersection of several technical domains. You will be developing and testing algorithms and software to optimize system performance, but also considering how to deploy them in resource-constrained environments and scale them to larger systems
Responsible for research, design and development of Cyber Assessment of Wireless Devices. Duties may include designing, developing and analyzing systems for the extraction of information from wireless devices. Impact: Achievement of key project/program objectives and deliverables. Responsible for entire project or processes spanning multiple technical areas. Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple areas or disciplines. Regularly employs creativity and ingenuity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve timely objectives. Communicates effectively with internal team members and client team members. May communicate with external partners (sub-contractors, vendors, etc). Works to positively influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approach. Requires expert level knowledge and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
• Degree in CS, EE, or related field. BS + 8 yrs, MS + 6 yrs, or PhD + 2 yrs.
• Demonstrated experience advancing state-of-the-art research and development in machine learning, embedded software, and/or digital signal processing algorithms.
• Demonstrated experience leading small technical team with exceptional project execution results.
• Demonstrated experience with systems engineering including requirements development and technical trade study definition and execution.
• Demonstrated expert-level programming experience with C++, Python, and/or Matlab
• Demonstrated experience mentoring junior engineers and growing technical teams.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance with SSBI.
• Experience with electronic warfare systems.
• Experience building and evaluating statistical models, especially high-dimensional analysis.
• Experience designing software architectures to support efficient development, analysis, and long-term maintenance.
• Experience with developing and evaluating machine learning algorithms.
• Experience with physics-based modeling and simulation.
• Experience with radar signal processing algorithms and analysis.
• Experience developing embedded software with real-time requirements.
• Experience working with and evaluating collected test data.
• Experience with alternative computing paradigms.
• Experience developing and evaluating tracking algorithms.
• Experience with software development lifecycles (e.g. spiral, agile) and software development processes (e.g. TDD, FDD)
• Experience with integration and regression testing.
• Experience using configuration management tools such as Git
• Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.