Leidos is hiring a Cloud Operations Specialist to join our team in an effort to support efforts with our United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) customer. The position will provide technical leadership and senior level expertise to our Operations team to assist in the ongoing migration of applications and operational support of the USACE Azure Cloud Implementation. Support will include subject matter expertise in planning, engineering, implementing, and migrating USACE applications from current data centers to the cloud.
This position can telework 100% and may require up to 25% travel within the United States. You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify.
• Develop and oversee the execution of technical plans to migrate applications into the USACE Azure implementation.
• Serve as the technical liaison between the Government customer, Engineering, and Operations teams on all issues related to select Azure cloud related projects.
• Build and maintain positive relationships within the client organization.
• Review technical designs and plans for issues and provide recommendations / implement to improve the technical outcomes of the project
• Provide senior level technical expertise and direction to the Operations team regarding Azure cloud operations and projects.
• Build, configure, and / or upgrade new and existing Azure components in accordance with USACE approved functional design requirements
• Test and validate system functionality
• Ensure DoD Cybersecurity requirements are met in the Azure environment
• Fully document technical solutions to include, logical and physical system diagrams, data flow diagrams, test plans, and as-built diagrams.
• Work with the Engineering and Operations teams to successfully implement new Azure capabilities and functionality solutions.
• Support troubleshooting of critical, high priority / high visibility Azure issues with USACE’s implementations.
• Assess Azure cloud performance and provide solutions to optimize services delivered to USACE end users.
• BA/BS Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience, equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance; Program may work to process clearances for those not holding active status; preference will be given to current clearance holders.
• Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II or higher (Security+ or equivalent)
• Demonstrated experience in planning and executing Azure migrations
• Extensive experience hand-on Azure IaaS / PaaS
• At least 5 years experience designing, architecting, or administering Azure solutions
• PowerShell experience as it relates to Azure, AD, and Office 365
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
• Experience in DoD or Federal networks
• Knowledge of networking
• Experience with AWS cloud technologies
• ITIL certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.