Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions - Defense Group is hiring a CCIE Network Operations Specialist to join our team in an effort to support efforts with our United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) customer. The position will provide technical leadership and senior level expertise to our Operations team to assist in supporting high profile projects that require network support, troubleshooting critical network issues, and diagnosing and resolving network performance issues. Support will include subject matter expertise in routing and switching for the planning, implementation, and migration of IT network solutions.
This position is 100% telework with up to 25% travel within the United States. You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify.
• Develop and oversee the execution of technical plans to integrate IT solutions into the USACE networks.
• Serve as the technical liaison between the Government customer, Engineering, and Operations teams on all issues related to select network projects.
• Build and maintain positive relationships within the client organization.
• Review technical designs and plans for issues and provide recommendations / implement to improve the technical outcomes of the project
• Provide senior level technical expertise and direction to the Operations team regarding IP network operations and projects.
• Build, configure, and / or upgrade new and existing system components in accordance with USACE approved functional design requirements
• Test and validate system functionality
• Fully document technical solutions to include, logical and physical network diagrams, data flow diagrams, test plans, and as-built diagrams.
• Work with the Engineering and Operations teams to successfully implement voice, video, and data network solutions.
• Support troubleshooting of critical, high priority / high visibility network issues with USACE networks.
• Assess network performance and provide solutions to optimize services delivered to USACE end users.
• BA/BS Degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must hold Active DoD Secret Clearance or be eligible to obtain. Preference will be given to those holding active clearance.
• Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT III Certification (CISSP or equivalent )
• Must hold CCIE in Routing and Switching
• Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying large-scale, end-to-end enterprise networks
• Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and operating MPLS network solutions
• Experience with SD WAN technologies
• Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Advanced routing and switching, VLANS, VREs, OSPF, ACLs, AAA, NAT, VPN, EIGRP, ISIS, QoS, SSL, MPLS, DMVPN, Palo Alto, F5 Load Balancers, practical use of scripting languages
• Senior level technical experience with data center network technologies
• Experience with network as a service
• ITIL certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.