Leidos is looking for a first-class eDiscovery Technician to join the Centralized Processing Intake team in support of our client, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), at 1155 21st Street NW, Washington, DC.
- Log the production in CFTC’s eDiscovery Tracking System.
- Digest the cover letter (which may be several pages long) and provide a brief description of the production.
- If media received is encrypted and no password is provided, the contractor shall call the producing party to obtain the password.
- Determine if the cover letter contains substantive information which would qualify it for loading into Relativity.
- Virus scan the production off-network, using multiple virus protection software and other tools. If issues are detected, the contractor shall follow protocol to either address the issue or reject the production.
- Once the production is determined to be “clean” of viruses, the contractor shall copy the production to the CFTC network.
- Follow specific protocol and procedures when handling various types of documents, such as whistleblower, RFPA (Request for Financial Privacy Act), documents received through MOUs (Memorandums of Understanding), International documents, BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) documents, audio files, transcripts, laptops or paper.
- Analyze the productions to determine what type of processing is required of them, and which protocol to follow.
- Analyze the data to ensure its completeness.
- If the data is “load ready”, they will inspect it to ensure that all components are present. If the contractor finds the production to be incomplete, the contractor shall communicate the issue to the Litigation Support Specialist assigned to that matter.
- The contractor shall monitor a CPI Inbox for incoming productions arriving via email.
- The contractor shall monitor the CFTC’s FTP site for productions being delivered via FTP.
- Scan and OCR small amounts of paper documents in preparation for loading into Relativity. If a production contains multiple boxes of paper, the contractor shall coordinate having the documents scanned off-site.
- Three years of eDiscovery technical experience in compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing information to support project task requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree. Three years of additional (6 years experience directly relevant work experience), (over and above the minimum experience requirements for this position) may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of information resources.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure and tight deadlines.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks such as those defined in the Duties & Responsibilities above must be demonstrated.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Current or active clearance a plus
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.