Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team. The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer with a current DoD SECRET clearance. This position will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment at Aberdeen Proving Ground,MD, and supports the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and operating systems for a variety of engineering applications in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and interfaces;
- Design, develop, and test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Use UML modeling tools to perform software code evaluations; and
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical Discipline, PLUS a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in software engineering
- Possess and maintain a DoD SECRET Clearance
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody
- Experience with Atlassian collaboration tools: Jira, Git/Bitbucket
- Experience with full SDLC in an Agile development environment
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with
- Real-time embedded systems experience with Windows
- Borland CaliberRM
- Perforce Helix
- Software Development with Automated Test suites
- Interest in or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
*External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.