The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Drupal/PHP Web Developer, contingent upon contract award, in Bethesda, MD.
Close, careful, and scrupulous attention to detail and quality under tight deadline constraints is essential. Experience in PHP, and specifically Symfony is required. The ability to work independently and juggle multiple concurrent assignments is also vital. The position requires the ability to work directly with customers, peers, software engineers, business analysts, testers and other stakeholders. The candidate should be willing to offer creative suggestions and insights, and to act as an advocate for stakeholders who may not otherwise be represented. However, when given direct guidance and instruction by the customer or the project manager, the candidate must respect those decisions and reflect them in the design documents, requirements documents and other supporting materials.
Excellent communications skills are also a must, as the candidate will interface with a variety of academic researchers, senior staff, government customers, and contractor support personnel on a regular basis. The successful candidate will have excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Create new sites, features and enhancements according to customer specifications
• Maintenance of PHP development
• Develop query reports using MySQL with an understanding of the Drupal database specifications
• Consult with customers, business analysts and other developers to define the right solution
• Interact directly with customers to outline requirements and provide frequent updates
• Create custom applications based on customer needs Job Specifications
• Proven PHP experience
• Proven MySQL Query experience
Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience in PHP
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience in Drupal 8
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience HTML5, CSS3 and MySQL
• Experience developing queries using MySQL
• Understanding of OOP
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Fast learner and proactive
• Ability to work independently (self-starter)
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Additional Desired Skills
• Experience integrating 3rd party APIs into PHP
• Experience with PHP Symfony
• Experience with Headless Drupal
• XML and Web Services
• Mobile development
• Comfortable with Continuous Integration (CI) development environments
• HHS, NIH and/or NHLBI experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.