Leidos is seeking a Document Control Manager, which will report to the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Projects Planning and Integration Director. The Document Control Manager will be responsible for document control on various projects on the Leidos ASC program which supports the National Science foundation (NSF). The NSF is responsible for the operations and redevelopment of three research facility campuses in Antarctica. The Document Control Manager is responsible for being the subject matter expert in Oracle Aconex document managing system and the updating, implementation and enforcement of the Document Control Plan.
- Hiring and managing a document control specialist(s).
- Coordinates with delivery teams and the Document Controller Specialist (DCS) to ensure appropriate document control activities are prepared and implemented in alignment with the master schedule for each project phase.
- Coordinates with DCS and project team members to level workload across the work stream for workload peaks, valleys.
- Works across the work stream to ensure processes, policies and tools are developed and implemented as required and assists with related questions/concerns.
- Coordinates with the delivery team and Project Management Office (PMO) lead to monitor and assess staffing needs.
- Coordinates with the PMO functional team on process and tool issues, including contributing to continuous improvement.
- Coordinates training for DCS, project delivery teams, subcontractors and external parties as needed.
- Administers and coordinates with Business Systems to administer document and contract management systems, as applicable, and maintains security of documents according to established security policies and procedures.
- Establishes workflows and monitors documents throughout review processes.
- Provides quality control review of documents and confirms appropriate statuses are applied to record documents prior to distribution.
- Creates distribution lists and issues number of copies required, based on contract requirements and verified direction from the delivery team.
- Performs routine data quality audits and maintains record document logs for progress tracking and document retrieval.
- Tracks and monitors day-to-day document control activities to organize and ensure that project information is accurate, controlled, transmitted, managed, and archived in alignment with established policies, procedures, and project requirements.
- Assists with project handover and closeout requirements to transfer required information to asset owner groups and assists with transition of information into Asset Management repositories, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in Document Controls and management experience.
- Management of subordinate document control professionals.
- Must be proficient in Oracle Aconex document management. Have the ability to be the administrator and train individual on usage.
- Familiarity with Document Management Systems / Software Storage / Library Organization / Electronic Approval Processes / Electronic Distribution – Department and Stakeholders.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and requirements and apply as required. As well as ability to convey these to others and assist in implementation.
- Organizational and coordination skills to establish and monitor compliance with document management and control policies and processes.
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Acrobat Professional and database administration experience to review and manage document control processes.
- Strong knowledge of current document sharing platforms and systems (Bluebeam, Aconex, Sharepoint, Buzzsaw), and ability to learn and implement new systems and enhancements as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written/presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to review and edit documents for compliance with document control policies and processes, act as a point of contact between the department and internal stakeholders and develop and deliver training.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with multiple teams, colleagues and internal and external stakeholders.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.