Leidos is searching for a talented desktop engineer to join the team managing the Department of Justice’s Justice Management Division (JMD) desktop computing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to support JMD and the larger ESA IV program supporting the Department of Justice in Washington, DC.
- The candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the construction, deployment, and maintenance of the customer’s Windows 10 “gold” image, software packaging and distribution, patching, and configuration management.
- Support and administration of approved peripherals and accessories in the environment, with a focus on printers, scanners, and multi-function devices.
- Timely resolution of Tier 3 support escalations from the Service Desk, and other desktop-related projects as needed.
- The position will be a part of a team led by a Senior Desktop Engineer, and report into the JMD Service Delivery Manager.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. High school diploma with additional 4+ years relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Full-lifecycle management (design, construction, deployment, and maintenance) of Windows 10 desktop images
- Implementation and usage of endpoint management tools, especially Microsoft SCCM
- Security compliance and mitigation (DISA STIG), Group Policy, Compliance Baselines
- Software packaging and automated deployment
- Troubleshooting obscure and difficult issues in a diverse environment (Tier 3)
- Creation and troubleshooting SCCM Task Sequences
- Supporting and coordinating large scale tech refresh
- Familiarity with VDI and Azure
- Working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Experience working in a Government
- Office 365
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.