Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions - Defense Group is hiring a Data Center Migration (DCM) Specialist to join our team in an effort to support efforts with our United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) customer. The DCM Specialist will provide technical leadership and senior level expertise to our Operations team to assist in the migration of two on premise data centers to Equinox facilities. Support will include subject matter expertise in planning, engineering, implementing, and migrating USACE applications from current data centers to the new facilities.
This position is 100% telework and requires between 25-40% travel within the United States. You must carry an active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify.
• Develop and oversee the execution of the technical plan to migrate USACE data center capabilities and applications into Equinox facilities.
• Serve as the technical liaison between the Government customer, Engineering, and Operations teams on all issues related to data center migrations.
• Build and maintain positive relationships within the client organization.
• Review technical designs and plans for issues and provide recommendations to improve the technical outcomes of the project
• Provide senior level technical expertise and direction to the Operations team regarding data center operations and projects.
• Support troubleshooting of critical, high priority / high visibility data center issues with USACE data center capabilities and applications.
• Requires a BA/BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
• Must hold active DOD Secret Clearance or be eligible to obtain. Program may process clearances for those not holding active status. Those with active clearance will be given first preference.
• Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II Certification or higher (Security+ or equivalent)
• Demonstrated experience in planning and executing data center migrations of similar size
• Demonstrated experience in managing Windows, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux servers in production operational environments and with server migrations
• Demonstrated experience with VMWare and managing virtual environments.
• Demonstrated experience in managing enterprise class storage solutions and with storage migrations and optimizations.
• Demonstrated experience in translating between business requirements and technical plans and implementation.
• Senior level technical experience with NetApp and Hitachi storage
• Knowledge of networking
• Experience with Azure and AWS cloud technologies
• ITIL certification
• CISSP or equivalent certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.