The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Specialized Equipment Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
The specialized equipment manager manages to overall operational availability of security equipment supporting traveler processing at ports of entry. The manager is also responsible for the logistic aspects of equipment asset management, deployments/moves/removals, monitors current state and performance, identifies issues, and assign service technicians for critical repairs and scheduled preventative maintenance.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Specialized Equipment Manager include but not limited to the following:
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordination, trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules for equipment supporting traveler processing at ports of entry
- Strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support deployment, maintenance, repair, overhaul, and removal needs for traveler processing equipment.
- Manage field service operations for service technicians who support travel security and processing equipment at CONUS and OCONUS ports of entry.
- Maintain an integrated support service model with OEMs.
- Review and adjust equipment service plans through data analytics to meet and exceed contract requirements.
- Review and recommend parts planning, distribution, and placement to exceed equipment availability requirements.
- Evaluate service operations for improvements, and reduce barriers for the service technician workforce.
- Implements improvements to preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance practices to increase equipment availability.
- Perform and review regular operational analyses.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans as required.
- Support the Program Manager in planning and executing program requirements.
- Provide the Program Manager and customer with status reports, outstanding logistics issues, and supports the service team in planning and executing program requirements.
- Implement action plans to provide solutions to all equipment issues.
- Communication with internal team members and with external customers to communicate preventative measures, status, updates on risks and schedules
- Chair operational status meetings, preparation of the agenda, updates, status, distribution of updated meeting notes
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs related to the deployment and field support of security equipment.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a technical discipline with 8-10 years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in security equipment and security systems deployment and logistics.
- Experience managing and coordinating field technicians
- Experience reporting status of fielded equipment and maintaining availability of other service levels.
- Understanding of networking configurations and access
- Minimum 8 years Project leadership/management and oversight of complex IT and security equipment projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting equipment at air- , sea-, or land ports of entry
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise security equipment and application trouble shooting experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a DHS Public Trust Clearance.
- Specialized security equipment sustainment and logistics experience
- Experience with asset management for field-deployed IT equipment
- ITIL v3 Foundation or higher training
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.