NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The ideal candidate will have strong management and communication skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Candidates will need to exhibit an understanding of IT project management concepts, inclusive of scope, schedule, cost, resource, communication, risk, and stakeholder management. The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of a team sized between 10-12 people, in order to analyze current IT program execution efforts and inventory, and determine measures required to improve, or maintain processes in order to meet customer requirements. Travel of approximately 50% will be required. Travel to various cities within the greater Seattle, WA area to include, Bremerton, Oak Harbor, Everett, Silverdale and Keyport.
- Manage business and reporting rhythms as needed, gathering required information from subordinate team members
- Employ program management skills, by accurately reporting progress against the baseline, in addition to employing a risk register to identify risks, analyze identified risks, and the develop associated mitigations
- Support the development of teams, inclusive of aligning personnel to basis of estimates, evaluation of candidates, and communicating progress to Program leadership
- Manage program scope in order to meet schedule requirements; responsible for defining resource needs, directing personnel to perform tasks, and reporting progress to Program Management
- Responsible for IT knowledge and equipment asset transfer, ensuring that personnel are prepared to assume duties in order to meet defined schedule and scope requirements
- Develop and manage a collaborative work environment, working with personnel to ensure that comprehensive knowledge transfer activities associated with job functions and daily tasks are successfully conducted
- Identify and document skill enhancements/training needed based upon observation of actual performance versus documented site Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage “as-is” information, inclusive of technical baseline documentation, SOPs, local procedures for security/onboarding, workload data (tickets), historical SLR performance and tools used to capture performance metrics
- Responsible for assessing tools employed and application/facility access requirements
- Manage the performance of asset inventories; conducting asset reconciliations, inventories, and configurations across sites, as needed
- Support overall resource management tasks; inclusive, but not limited to staff onboarding/off-boarding, weekly time-reporting and approvals
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with customer and Program Management leadership, and subordinates
- BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; additional specific experience my be accepted in lieu of education
- Currently hold a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Familiar with the development and management of program documentation, inclusive of a risk register, standard operating procedures, basis of estimates, and other program documentation
- Prior experience with resource planning labor category requirements, and requisition development
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings to drive progress associated with assignments
- Ability to understand and execute program baselines, identifying variances, and communicating issues in a timely manner
- Prior personnel management experience with the ability to drive successful completion of projects and deliverables
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to effectively communicate results to leadership and subordinates
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with change management; with the ability to implement processes, while addressing political considerations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate ideas
- PMI Project Management Professional certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.