Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a senior-level Network Engineer to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD and Alexandria, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. As a Network Engineer you will be installing new workstations and/or servers, adding and removing individuals from the list of authorized users, archiving files, overseeing password protection and other security measures and monitoring usage of shared resources. You will Prepare and ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and Configure systems to user environments.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze potential networking configuration issues, performance issues, and bottleneck; or solve other problems with overall engineering of the network.
- Perform network engineering functions including: conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization
- Assess evolving user needs, translating those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- In coordination with Security and Information assurance procedures, implement safeguard measures to prevent damage and unauthorized modification and disclosure.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Security + CE (or other IAT II cert)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Experience in terrestrial tactical network infrastructures including network multicasting.
- Experience with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Must be able to Track, analyze, and communicate emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Experience with simulation and stimulation.
- Knowledge of Firewall and other network security related products
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.