The Bid and Proposal Financial Analyst position is at the front-end of the business supporting the bid and proposal process. This role is responsible for ensuring accurate pricing and costing of bids and proposals. As such, this role directly affects the financial profitability of the business in terms of order intake, revenue, and cash flow. Acting as the financial advisor for the Bids and Proposals team, the role requires advanced problem solving skills, financial knowledge, quantitative analysis and the ability to translate complex business structures into financial and analytical projections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares cost volumes, pricing and proposal analysis for all new business and follow on proposals
- Prepares pricing review packages for Senior Management and Corporate Business Review personnel
- Interfaces with product line management to support the capture process
- Assumes responsibility for preparing multiple cost proposals simultaneously for multiple product lines
- Ensures on time submittal of fully compliant responses to detailed tenders.
- Supports DCAA proposal audits for proposals submitted to the US Government
- Provides specialized reports and analysis as requested by management
- Maintains proposal log and ensures proper safekeeping of proposal documents
- Supports Product Line monthly forecasting of Revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, and Gross Margin
- Provides Financial Analysis support on assigned projects
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, to interface with L3Harris Senior Management, and L3Harris Corporate Business Review personnel.
- Must be a self-motivated, high energy, organized individual with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines.
- An understanding of international proposal requirements is a plus.
- An understanding of current regulations pertaining to submission and negotiation of US Government proposals (FAR / DFARS / TINA / CAS) is helpful
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.