The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Senior Transportation Packaging Specialist to work in Kuwait. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the Base Expeditionary Targeting Surveillance Systems- Combined (BETSS-C) equipment.
Daily duties include support in the sustainment of the BETSS-C systems in Kuwait which includes leading all transportation support and packaging of the associated intrusion detection sensor and surveillance equipment, parts, and supplies associated with the BETSS-C. Demonstrated experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, shipping, receiving, packaging, and transportation a must. Experience in compliance with federal, state, DOD and local warehousing, material handling and packaging requirements. Responsibilities also include the welfare of subordinate personnel and planning and directing their work.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant experience related to transportation/packaging of equipment, repair parts, consumables and supplies typically performed in a warehouse setting. In lieu of degree, 15 years of total experience can be substituted.
- This is a Senior position with commensurate experience required.
- Must be able to work in Kuwait for the duration of the contract effort supporting six days a week at 8 hours per day with flexibility to work overtime in austere environments. Demonstrated leadership and management experience with BETTS-C related efforts or similar efforts.
- Relevant transportation and packaging experience of the BETTS-C systems or similar military equipment.
- BETTS-C specific training a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Ship and Receiving
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.