Leidos’ Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operations is seeking an experience Business Development Executive for Army to drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies.
E&CS is an Industry-recognized advanced Enterprise Information Technology & Cyber Solution innovator providing transformational end-to-end business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success. Focus areas include: cyber security and operations, cloud computing & migration, and IT service solutions. This critical role will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal development, and account strategy. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Demonstrated success in growing Army Business, especially within Enterprise and Cyber Solutions
- Grow and qualify the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter and intra-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Division
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develop internal cross-organizational relationships and drive new growth through collaboration with the other Operations
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- A Bachelor’s and 15+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s and 13+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business within Enterprise and Cyber Solutions
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of New Business Funds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- 3+ years Cloud/managed services/ and or Cyber program management experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.