- The Engineer should have experience with switches, routers, firewalls, encryption devices, copper and fiber based connectivity, and understand various Ethernet standards and L2/L3 protocols to accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge of and experience with Cisco products is required.
- The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- The individual will be expected to provide mentoring and leadership to junior engineers on program.
- The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Perform network engineering functions to include conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization of network systems.
- Translate user needs into network solutions, modifications, and upgrades (network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test).
- Understand the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Solve complex engineering problems.
- Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Maintain currency on network and security tools and technologies and provide inputs for white papers and proposals.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience preferred or 12 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in engineering and architecting multiple-classification IT systems and services.
- Experience successfully deploying network hardware, system, and software upgrades
- Experience in datacenter environment utilizing Nexus platforms.
- Experience utilizing Cisco ASR and ASA equipment
- Knowledge in implementing different transport mechanisms such as Tunneling and Encryption.
- Understanding and implementing different routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Experience in network and network security design where under general direction, manages the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, datacenter equipment
- Experience in managing/installing/configuring Juniper related equipment.
- Experience is utilizing network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Kiwi Cat Tools
- Experience using Cisco ISE for TACACS/RADIUS/802.1x/Posture/Compliance
- Understanding how client/server systems integrate into the network/understand the flows in order to integrate into network infrastructure
- Experience in resolving complex network and security issues where in-depth evaluation and analysis was required using SNMP based network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, and log analyzers.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and industry
- A Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/ Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification/ Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification is highly desirable
- Experience with System Engineering (SE) of IT systems and services in accordance with Government and industry enterprise architectures, standards, policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Experience integrating and consolidating IT systems and services over a common transport architecture.
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.