Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Systems Integration Technician to support its Security, Detection and Automation business.
This role will work remotely; Candidate may be located anywhere in the US as extensive travel is required (up to 75%).
Job Description Summary:
Under minimal to no supervision, performs lead technical support for system integration responsibilities on multiple product lines consisting of multiple models. Ensures that the total integrated system is performing according to guidelines and specifications. Majority of time is spent on project management to include site specification, proper equipment integration with other entities, networking and management of personnel. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform system integration lead responsibilities on multiple product lines consisting of multiple models
- PLC design and system configurations using Allen-Bradley RSLogix 5000, RSNetworx for ControlNet and Ethernet, also downgrade firmware using ControlFlash software. Implement gateways to support other PLC protocols such as Profinet and Profibus.
- Provide infrastructure details and supporting hardware to airports for the installation of products.
- Review and evaluate submitted drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with guidelines, requirements and specifications
- Provide training, technical assistance and supporting documentation to the installation team onsite.
- Provide direction to and coordinate activities for subcontractors, integration, and customer service technicians and technical assistance to the installation team onsite.
- Track project status and resolve on-site technical issues by working with technical support and engineering
- Develop statements of work and solicit subcontractors for proposals.
- Interface with the customer and/or end users. Represent Leidos and its products at meetings for planning, scheduling and troubleshooting activities for the installation, integration and networking.
- Write purchase order requisitions to support project. Schedule compliance/adherence by coordinating internal and external resources; ensure adherence to budgets, some in excess of $1 million dollars.
- Write, review and revise integration and network documentation to support field activities
- Assist the end user during the initial operation of the product line and its network. Support customer-testing activities by providing technical consultation services on product line operational issues.
- Provide Operator training of our product to the customer when required.
- Represent Leidos Security & Detection Systems at customer demonstrations and trade exhibitions
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to assimilate information and make decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Position requires some foreign travel and must be confident in overcoming language difficulties. Must be sensitive to cultural differences in foreign countries.
- Position requires lifting up to fifty (50) pounds. Majority of work takes place in baggage handling rooms at airports. Must be able to handle a number of diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to travel to customer site in order to support & assist with product installation & integration until installation phase is complete. Duration of installation may vary from few days up to two weeks.
- Flexibility to work during night when necessary not to disrupt customer site daily operations.
- Candidates may be located anywhere in the US as extensive travel is required (up to 75%).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Associates Degree required in technical field. BSEE/ET/ME preferred, with greater than four (4) years of direct industry experience or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
- Extensive knowledge of PC hardware and software, Allen-Bradley Control Logix, RS Logix 5000, and ControlNet required. PLC troubleshooting and debugging experience required, PLC design and system configurations essential.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and adjust to schedule changes.
- Knowledge of UL and CE standards or equivalent required.
- Baggage handling systems experience and experience in 2D/3D x-rays systems a plus.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux O/S and networks a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with network architectures, features, security and design. Familiarity with network switch configurations and installation.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.