Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician I in Las Vegas, NV (airport), to support our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
Leidos Security and Detection Systems is committed to protecting people, equipment and commerce by providing hands-on servicing of industry leading Security & Detection Systems at airports and secure facilities around the globe. The Field Service Technician I, will be required to provide efficient technological, repair and troubleshooting support with total customer satisfaction in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting a region in meeting service repair needs by performing preventative or corrective maintenance that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Provides recommendations to exceed equipment availability objectives to senior level support.
- Professionally documents all repair work and submits paperwork upon completion of job.
- Communicates daily with other technicians, support functions and managers on daily activities and escalations.
- Reviews and submits equipment logs to satisfy government reporting requirements
- Provides onsite system installations, troubleshooting, repair and follow up on service escalations often times on short notice
- Responsible for maintaining inventory, tools and compliance requirements of test equipment.
- Provides feedback and updates to Quality management on any product or process improvements.
- Maintains professional relationships with senior level FST’s and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the customers and communicate current technical trends.
- Complies to supply chain processes related to ordering and returning of all materials.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 0-3 years of prior relevant experience
- Strong computer skills and experience with PC based systems and information technologies.
- Ability to interact professionally in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass an in depth background check (TSA eQIP and local airport requirements)
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of x-ray and/or CT technologies.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.