Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos has an immediate need for a Nuclear Program Correspondence Specialist to support the NNSA Office of Defense Programs (NA-10). This position provides direct support for all NA-10 Executive Correspondence, congressional reporting requirements, strategic communications, Nuclear Weapon Council reports, and letter activities.
This is a full-time position. The position is located in the NNSA offices at the Department of Energy Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C.
- Support the Deputy Administrator’s Action Group in responding to actions, implementing communication and organizational processes, and preparing and reviewing documents, presentations, talking points, and speeches for the Deputy Administrator of Defense Programs.
- Work with program offices and subject matter experts to review and develop materials supporting the Administrator, Deputy Administrator for Defense Programs, and senior staff.
- Work with staff from the NNSA Executive Secretariat and DOE Executive Secretariat offices for correspondence reviews, concurrence, and signatures on policy and position papers, joint NNSA/DOE and DOD reports, and other decision documents that will be read by the NNSA Administrator and/or Secretary of Energy.
- Assist in developing clear, concise, and polished written products for review by key leaders in NA-10 and across NNSA, as well as improving procedures for the drafting and review of written communications.
- Review and analyze all incoming NA-10 correspondence; determine the scope of the subject matter and office of primary responsibility; make office task assignments, track progress, and provide guidance on content and format. Research, identify, and analyze geo-political, technical, and economic issues that must be addressed in responding to incoming assignments and correspondence.
- Review replies drafted by various components of NA-10, analyzing written products for clarity, making sure the conclusions reached are consistent with the facts presented, and recommending major revisions, changes in coverage, or complete reorganization of manuscripts. Analyze content of all correspondence for compliance with applicable directives, procedure, and policies; makes change recommendations. Prepare all correspondence for review/signature by NNSA senior leadership.
- Work with the DOE and NNSA Executive Secretariats to manage and track the status of all Defense Programs communications, monitoring the intra- and interagency coordination that accompanies all substantive written products.
- Manage and administer all content maintained on the NNSA NWC Executive AO website; provide content management and configuration control for the site.
- Apply proper safeguards for storage, distribution, and handling of all Nuclear Weapons Council (NWC)-related/generated classified media (e.g., letters, memorandums, reports, books, binders, CDs/DVDs, etc.).
- Collaborate with DOE Security and the Defense Programs Security Manager to ensure full compliance with all DOE Security Directives. Perform all applicable security related activities (safe checks/end-of-day security checks, etc.). Manage and control the content of materials in two assigned safes. Inventory safe contents and purge files when no longer needed. Ensure all actions are in full compliance with applicable security directives.
- Manage control of classified documents produced by the NNSA, NWC and the nuclear security enterprise. Assist with classified material, property management, classified removable electronic media management, use control site coordination, accountability for sigma 14 and 15 access and vault custodian. Assist with records management.
Required Qualifications and Education
- BA degree
- 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience
- 5–10 years of experience supporting federal government programs (e.g., DHS, DOE, DOD).
- Self-starter and ability to follow correspondence rules and requirements.
- Excellent copy editing experience with examples.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.