Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
THE REQ INFORMATION
Leidos SDAS is a leader in the integration, application, and advancement of information, technology, and services to address critical customer needs in protecting the homeland, responding to threats and disasters, enforcing and administering our laws, safeguarding cyberspace and securing our borders.
- Mission Cyber and Network Defense
- Intelligence and Linguistic Services
- Cargo, Baggage, Vehicle and Personnel Screening
- Human Capital Services
- Enterprise IT
- Complex Logistics
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense
- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation. Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results
- Works under general supervision
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area
- May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area
- May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own department and may occasionally have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
- Explains and interprets processes and procedures to others within and outside the job area
- May work to justify and gain cooperation regarding processes, practices and procedures
- Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues but typically are not complex
- Problems may require understanding of other job areas
- Problems are typically solved drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issues
- Works to achieve operational targets with moderate impact on department results
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives of the project
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- May have practical knowledge of project management
- BS, Software Engineering or other relevant engineering field and 4 years relevant work experience or Graduate Engineering degree and 2 years relevant work experience.
- Assembly, C, C++, C# with Object Oriented Design (OOA and OOD)
- Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various languages
- Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 10, Linux
- Multi-Threaded programming
- Real Time Programming
- Proficient with MS office
- Experience implementing complex algorithms into real time run code
- WCF, WPF, .NET3.5, .NET4.0, LINQ, T-SQL
- Device drivers (windows and Linux)
- MSCS, preferred
- Excellent communication skills a plus
- GUI development Qt, open GL with GPU programming experience a plus
- Algorithm experience
- Familiar with any type of Spectrometry
- TraConfiguration Management familiarity a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.