Leidos is seeking a Hardware Technician, specializing in RF/Microwave technology in the Tewksbury, MA area to support our Security Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
The RF and Microwave Hardware Technician is a team contributor to ongoing RF and Microwave development of Integrated Microwave and Hardware Assemblies. The role supports engineering activities in an RF lab environment developing innovative RF circuits and functional modules as used in millimeter wave security and detection systems. This will include building prototypes, gathering data, RF tuning and RF component and system testing in a timely fashion, while participating in a small multi-disciplinary team working together on a variety of challenging project items.
The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the multidisciplinary design teams throughout the development cycle from cascade builds of evaluation modules to prototype, test verification, and documentation to create and evaluate RF and Microwave circuits, system architectures, subassemblies and multi-function Integrated Microwave modules.
- Assist Engineers in the test and validation of electromagnetic and circuit performance for custom circuit components, including Antenna’s, Antenna Arrays, mechanical structures and interconnects. Perform laboratory investigations and gather data as required to evaluate component and subsystem performance, through creative bench testing and advanced measurement methods.
- Support all development phases from initial hardware concept through system level integration and production to assure total customer solutions. Perform all on board soldering and module assembly and troubleshooting of small components, and subsystems through the RF testing/tuning phases. Assist engineers, to make modification of prototypes and retest until performance meets specifications. Support the manufacturing team by troubleshooting products to assure that products are performing to design specifications.
- Participate in Engineering and project status meetings as required, in accordance with established development processes and procedures
- Assoc. Degree and 10 or related field and minimum 7 years job experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Competent hands-on RF hardware build, integration, test, and debug experience of RF circuits sub-systems and assemblies using measurement equipment such as, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes etc. General understanding of calibration techniques for test equipment.
- Proficiency in Bench level circuit testing and problem analysis of RF semiconductor products and millimeter wave modules that require digital control and communications.
- Application of good writing skills in the preparation of data results engineering analyses reports, and technical documents using MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint..
- Ability to Communicate and work effectively with internal design teams and external contract manufacturers.
- Proficiency using standard engineering lab hand tools and devices.
- Ability to interpret data after tuning to determine positive or negative results
- Ability to work cooperatively in an engineering results oriented development environment with minimal direction.
- Good troubleshooting analysis and problem solving skills, with sustained follow through to completion of solution implementation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team other departments.
- Motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality & timely results
- Ability to multitask, communicate and work independently and within a team environment
- Familiarity working with Standard Commercial Documentation and Standards
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.