Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Sr. Product Reliability Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to support our Security, Detection and Automation business.
The Senior Product Reliability Engineer will work with Quality, Engineering, Customer Service, Suppliers, Business Leadership and the Field to evaluate risk and develop solutions associated with system reliability problems in the field.
The main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user by applying innovative solutions from concept to End of Life. This individual will develop a full understanding of the product hardware function and interaction of software to know the relationship among different machine behaviors. This position is expected to use creative techniques and new methodologies in the characterization of product reliability, and also understand all industrial engineering, statistical, lean, and business management techniques needed to accomplish economically valid solutions to product reliability issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop innovative technical solutions to unusually complex reliability problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity with little to no supervision.
- Perform internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues.
- Perform reliability analyses as applicable, including:
- Conduct data and trending analyses
- Assess RAM performance (MTBF, MTBCF, Ao)
- Define RAM requirements
- Perform Reliability Predictions
- Analyze potential variables which may contribute to high failure rates.
- Perform Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Complete Weibull or equivalent analysis to determine failure rate distributions on components.
- Ensure designs are assessed against the engineering specifications and customer requirements for reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Perform failure analysis on defective components and determine failure modes at the component level. Correlate the failure observance of the system with failures modes to drive corrective and preventive actions that meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Develop tests and experiments to improve the reliability of new and existing designs using Design for Reliability (DFR) techniques.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science, Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent is required. A Master’s degree in engineering, physics, statistics or a related field is highly desired.
- 9 years engineering experience
- Experience with reliability, availability and/or maintainability engineering in fielded equipment
- Understands and uses statistical methods, regression, and multivariate techniques, to determine significant independent variables, interaction effects, to understand and quantify any significant changes that takes place.
- US Citizenship required
- Design for Reliability (DFR) using DFMEA and the use and role of ALT, HALT/HASS testing experience.
- Experience leading large teams and complex technical projects
- Experience in interpreting circuits and engineering drawings
- Excellent technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives
- Creativity in handling big data, such as tool development, to reduce the time to analyze.
- Understanding of the reasons of why mechanical, electrical, or electro-mechanical equipment fails under specific usage environments.
- Experience performing Weibull analysis on censored data.
- Experience using ReliaSoft and Windchill Quality Solutions suite of tools.
- Able to obtain a security clearance if necessary.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.