Leidos is seeking a Senior Firmware/Hardware Engineer in the Tewksbury, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business. Our ideal candidate will have strong experience in embedded C, C++ development, as well as some digital circuit’s development and good appreciation for system level SW/HW design. This position combines the excitement of developing custom solutions for products as a key technical team contributor, while participating in a small multi-disciplinary team working together on a variety of challenging project items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the multidisciplinary design teams throughout the development and new product introduction cycle from concept, design, and development to prototype, test verification, and documentation to production.
- Responsible for architecture and development of the hardware, low level controls (C, C++, Linux, Bare Metal, FPGA development) for RF/HW circuits. Typical modules may include MMIC’s, Microcontrollers, Processors Modules and FPGA’s.
- Assist and participated in design of digital and mixed signal board development.
- Maintain and augment existing designs.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation in accordance with the Quality Management System of the company.
- Participate in Design Engineering project status meetings, prepare written reports, analysis, and design review material in accordance with established development processes and procedures.
- Minimum BSEE/BSCE and 7 years of successful design work.
- Experienced developing controls for PCB components and subsystems, circuit design and troubleshooting. Experience interfacing with MMIC’s and RF Devices with FPGA’s, CPLD’s and other digital devices.
- Working knowledge creating controls during prototyping by using combination of evaluation and custom boards.
- Experienced in Microcontroller Embedded C, C++ on bare metal as well as Linux drivers development for the custom hardware
- Experience with communication protocols I2C, SPI, USB, PCIe.
- Some knowledge and experience using sSchematic capture, circuit analysis, circuit simulation tools. (OrCAD, DxDesigner, LTSpice, Matlab, PAD’s)
- Hands-on experience using measurement equipment such as, signal generators, oscilloscopes etc. (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers is a plus)
- Application of good writing skills in the preparation of appropriate specifications, engineering analyses reports, and technical documents using MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Project/Visio, etc.
- Ability to Communicate and work effectively with internal design teams and external contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering results oriented development environment.
- Good engineering analysis, problem solving, judgment, analytical capability, and follow-up.
- Ability to define and manage tradeoffs between cost, performance and other design parameters.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team other departments.
- Motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality & timely results
- Experience with script languages (Python) is plus
- Ability to multitask, communicate and work independently and within a team environment
- Familiarity with VHDL/Verilog design targeting Xilinx platforms. High-speed digital design using multiple clock domains
- Understanding of EMC/EMI design principles is a plus.
- Familiarity working with Standard Commercial Documentation and Standards
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.