Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Product Quality Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to support our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
The Product Quality Engineer’s mission is to improve the customer experience of Leidos Security & Detection Systems products by reducing significant field issues which are reported by our customers and field technicians. As a Product Quality Engineer, you will lead efforts to identify early life and recurrent failures of our systems in the field and drive corrective actions. Security and Detection Systems division is the leading supplier of security detection systems with a focus on checkpoint, checked baggage, air cargo and ports & borders security screening systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Engineering, Service and Supply Chain teams to create and support the tools and processes necessary to track performance of fielded security screening products.
- Monitor field product performance, identify trending issues. Prioritize based on severity, occurrence, safety and/or cost of each failure mode.
- Prepare technical reports and submit field investigation results to management to improve customer satisfaction and reduce warranty costs.
- Engage in FRACAS activity and coordinate material movement in support of Failure Analysis globally.
- Leverage our databases to mine field quality data and identify issues. Identify if current database systems and tools are adequate to identify the top failure modes in the field.
- Work with Reliability team to conduct detailed failure analysis, identifying root-cause of problems across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, firmware).
- Work with Third Party Logistics provider and Parts Suppliers to implement processes to reduce quality defects in the field.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality Managers, Product Engineering and Supply Chain teams to apply knowledge to drive containment and corrective action implementation.
- Communicate field performance of the engineering systems, gather buy-in from peers and leadership on improvement priorities and urgency.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, and take preventive actions for potential failure modes.
- Share Lessons Learned from previous field issues. Provide upfront feedback by participating in design reviews to ensure product performance, reliability, and manufacturability issues are identified and risks mitigated (DFMEAs).
Successful candidate must have:
- 4 year BS engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience in technical project leadership
- Equipment failure analysis experience
- Experience developing and implementing processes globally.
- Working knowledge of 8D structured problem solving, Six Sigma and/or Lean Principles
- Strong customer focus and influence skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient statistical analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of Quality Data and Quality Data systems
- Ability to independently manage complex tasks and assignments and lead them to timely completion
Considered a strong plus:
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Project management experience in cross-functional environments
- ASQ Certification
- LSS Green Belt
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.