This immediate opening seeks a CAD Designer/Drafter with experience as a CAD Designer / drafter to support Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Design teams. The candidate will be adept at creating and modifying complex 3D models – which includes generating solid and surface components and assembly CAD models, creating and modifying 2D drawings, creating 2D drawings and 3D models from engineer sketches and developing detail and production level drawings. Experience with the development of mechanical, structural and electrical drawings, knowledge of HVAC, piping, cable routing and knowledge of composites is preferred. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to generate nest files for composite and metallic fabrication drawings. Prior construction experience is a plus as tasks will include updating drawings based on real-time changes or red-lines from the manufacturing floor.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers, production professionals, and production technology technicians located throughout the United States. Telecommuting is available and offices are located in Long Beach MS or Bowie MD. Production will be focused in Gulfport, MS. You will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in advanced systems development, and will support production of advanced ocean-going autonomous unmanned systems, for the US Navy.
- Create and modify complex 2D/3D models – includes generating solid and surface components and assembly CAD models from engineering sketches
- Development of 2D production level drawings and 3D models.
- Development of mechanical, structural, composite and electrical drawings
- Model management and revision control e.g. previous experience with SolidWorks PDM server
- Construct and verify Bill of Materials for manufacturing systems
- Attend/capture meeting notes for daily weekly production drawing reviews
- Status and report on in-process drawing changes daily/ weekly
- Interface with Engineers/Production managers/Craftsman
- Generate nest files for composite and metallic fabrication drawings as required.
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to remotely work with Engineers.
- Experience with drawing configuration control
- Model management and revision control
- Experience with AutoCAD/SolidWorks/Rhino
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience preferred but Associates degree or related technical school degree in marine engineering or equivalent experience acceptable.
- 3+ years’ experience in drawing development or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with developing detail and production level drawings
- Experience in generating nest files for composite and metallic fabrication drawings as required.
- Preferred experience in composite material kitting
- Experience in the development of mechanical, structural and electrical drawings
- Knowledge of HVAC, piping, and cable routing
- Previous construction experience is a plus – in shipbuilding or other construction environments.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.