Leidos is seeking a Project Engineer in the Tewksbury, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
The Project Engineer will plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving either hardware or software solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
- High level of oversight for engineering research, design, development, and sustaining projects. Responsible for project schedule and budget and drives cross functional technical team to achieve established delivery schedule.
- Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
- Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications. Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design tradeoffs with respect to cost and performance.
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or equivalent experience. MS is preferred.
- 4+ years’ project management experience
- The ideal candidate will have project management experience and have hands on prior design engineering experience with the design, development, and production of electronics equipment for use in medical devices, government security and/or military appliances.
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, communicating progress to stakeholders at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines.
- Demonstrated past success as an individual contributor with current position in a leading role as a project engineer, a technical engineer, or a high level system engineer.
- Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
- Having a current DOD security clearance is a plus, but not required.
- PMP certification is preferred but not required
- 1-2 year experience with the development of X-ray systems or 2-3 years analytical (measurement) systems preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.