Leidos is seeking a Cybersecurity Software Engineer in the St. Petersburg, FL area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
The Cybersecurity Software Engineer will use knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented C++ development to perform job functions. Individual will be responsible for developing applications and Cyber controls for our distributed turn-key systems along with applying cybersecurity controls for our systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cybersecurity Controls and Network Engineer
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Cyber Controls, Cyber postures/policies and C++ code for our systems
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to problems including:
- Maintain code quality, revision control and organization
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required. Travel may domestic and international.
- BS, Computer Science and minimum 4 years job experience in relevant field.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and NIST CyberFrameWork 800 specifications and controls.
- Working knowledge of Networking and Switch programming (Dlink and Cisco)
- Familiar with integration and use of 3rd party tools for AntiVirus, Malware, Intrusion detection and Indicators of Compromise.
- Understanding of fundamental features of Object Oriented Architecture, Design and Programming.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced degree, desired
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Dlink or Cisco certification
- Knowledge of C++ and multi-threading in applications
- languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc.
Knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers, and algorithms
- Proficient understanding of code revision tools
- Familiarity with code analysis tools such as valgrind and gdb.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and network architecture
- Some understanding of requirements management
- Some understanding of software testing, and creation of test plans and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.