Leidos is seeking a Software Tester in the Tewksbury, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a Tester to fully test our product to ensure it functions properly and meets the requirements. The tester should have experience in working with hardware / software systems and be able to navigate in the LINUX environment. Formal test reports and documentation generation is required. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- SW release testing – all stages of testing on Scanner, Viewing Station, Integrated conveyor system
- EOL Qualification Testing – test components to replace EOL item (ex. Video cards, hard-drives, monitors, computers, etc)
- Building out / re-imaging computers
- Documentation – create formal released documentation. Tech writing experience is highly desired.
- 2+ years of experience testing hardware / software.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- HS Diploma and a minimum of 6 yrs relevant experience or Secondary Degree and a minimum of 2+ yrs of relevant experience
- Testing on hardware / software equipment
- Some Tech writing experience
- Some lifting required (less than 20 pounds typically)
- Basic LINUX skills
- Any scripting skills (python, bash) are a big plus.
- Hands-on experience such as swapping out video cards, drives, etc, would be a big plus.
- 2+ years of experience working in a tester role.
Occasional travel to customer sites as required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.