Leidos is seeking a Chemist in the Tewksbury, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
Chemist/Scientist/physicist to design innovative analytical field instruments which will be used to support applications for trace explosives and narcotics detection. The candidate will work closely with different discipline such as software and hardware development group to develop next generation trace detection products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with technical teams advising them on instrumentation design and usability.
- Support product development by conducting tests as necessary for critical decision points.
- Able to initiate and execute on scientific research with an emphasis on developing and improving detection technology, such as ionization, IMS drift tube design, Mass Spectrometry.
- Write test protocols and conduct validation testing.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills are required;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects;
- Conduct and coordinate in-house test and evaluation of IMS instruments;
- Provide onsite or offsite testing on IMS equipment;
- Perform in-house or customer site applications experiments with IMS instruments;
- Monitor and support IMS and MS instruments throughout their testing and validation phase performed by various independent government agencies;
- Make presentations or write technical papers on IMS instruments, techniques, and applications during conferences and symposia.
- 4+ Yrs of experience in applications and/or development in analytical instrumentations.
- The candidate should have a minimum B.S / M.S. degree in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, or other related fields, and with a strong experience on analytical instruments such as mass spectrometers, ion mobility spectrometry.
- Experience in IMS and MS theory and applications preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork ethic;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills;
- Must be a team player with good people and leadership skills and ability to mentor;
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects;
- Proficient with Windows applications Win XP Pro;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
Travel: 15 – 25%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.