The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to support our FAA customer at the facility in Des Moines, WA.
The Electrical engineer will be expected to provide engineering support for new and existing electrical /power systems, and conduct and/or provide oversight for Arc Flash studies of varying size and complexity.
• Provide engineering support to the FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in Des Moines, WA.
• Perform planning, design, and evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
• Develop new FAA electrical engineering packages for use in the installation of major systems, components, and equipment in a variety of differing types of facilities (e.g. ARTCC, TRACON, Towers, and Remote Facilities).
• Perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protection devices coordination, arc flash and related engineering tasks including low voltage power distribution (208V, 240V and 480V).
• Provide support to the FAA Battery Project Office (BPO) by drawing and reviewing battery drawings and entering those into Project Wise (PW).
• Additional duties will include the review of engineering and design packages involving single-line diagrams with multiple power sources in either AC or DC, and the preparation and conduct of familiarization sessions in electrical systems theory, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and FAA Grounding and Bonding standards.
Usually Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards.
- Ability to use Arc Flash software, such as SKM, to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews.
- Must possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E and applicable OSHA standards, working knowledge of the NEC, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 8 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point
- Experience with Project Wise software.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.