Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer in the Tewksburg, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
The ideal candidate will be an Object-Oriented C++ developer responsible for developing applications for our distributed turn-key systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code using good OOP/OOAD techniques for our systems
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- BS in Computer Science in CS and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Understanding of fundamental features of OOP/OOAD
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skill
- Graphics Design, GUI development, DirectX, etc. (Highly Desirable)
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of memory management, multicore processors, and distributed systems design.
- Experience with QT or other GUI frame work highly desirable
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions in PLC systems.
- Working knowledge of network communication protocols (EthernetIP, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus)
- Working knowledge of Networking and Switch programming (Dlink and Cisco)
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and NIST CyberFrameWork 800 specifications and controls
- Scripting languages such as Python, Java, Bash, Dos, etc.
- Advanced Degree preferred
Travel: Occasional travel to customer sites as required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.