Leidos Health Solutions Group has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager supporting document conversion and mail handling task orders for the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA).. Leidos provides a managed service to VA for paper mail conversion and management services to include the receipt, control, and conversion of paper mail source materials (mail packets) to standardized, indexed, and searchable PDF (PDF Image plus Text). Leidos performs data extraction on a subset of the source material prior to uploading mail packets to a mail portal, or transmits mail packets to a VBA Mail Automation Service.
The Quality Assurance Manager leads and manages the quality assurance activities and validation into multiple steps of the conversion process to ensure that VA receives images and data of sufficient quality to support its business processes. The Quality Assurance Manager serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality services are provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The position is located at a facility in Lakeland, Florida that receives, handles, scans, indexes, extracts data, and dispositions Veterans Claims mail and documentation and a highly controlled environment.
- The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading the internal quality monitoring process and evaluating the performance of production processes and procedures and coordinating with VA on quality issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the technical quality assurance and control system for the program. Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans (e.g. Quality Management Plan, Quality Control Plan) and procedures for assuring quality products and services.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to meet and exceed acceptable quality levels for program performance standards, with specific emphasis on mail handling, receipt of paper mail source materials, source material tracking, source material preparation, and document image, document indexing, and document extraction quality for Veterans claims documentation to include service records and healthcare / medical records and forms.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Control Plan to ensure that all required services are performed in accordance with task order terms and conditions. Develop and implement procedures in the QCP that identify, prevent, and ensure non-recurrence of marginal performance. Initiate changes in processes and practices to ensure effectively manage performance. Initiate corrective action when any tasks are deficient or substandard.
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics. Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Develop a monthly and annual Quality Report that provides metrics, measurements, and maintenance procedures with trends over time and highlights performance issues with mitigation strategies. Report quality status and quality issues, with resolution plans, at weekly and monthly update meetings.
- Coordinate with the government-provided, on-site Quality Assessment and Monitoring (QA&M) Support staff which validates existence and effectiveness of quality assurance procedures and controls; monitors, reviews, and reports assessment results of Leidos performance against defined contractual standards; and validates compliance with documents conversion rules (DCRs), SOPs, and VA policies.
- The onsite Quality Manager will support the government QA&M activities by coordinating the availability of program, project, and operational documents; providing data requested as part of onsite and remote audits; providing access to all source materials, images, and associated metadata; and complying with sampling methodology or practices approved by the government.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Extensive experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001/ISO20000/AS9100/CMMI Dev or Svc.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile methodologies.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt.
- Experience maintaining a high levels of quality in a production environment.
- Experience working with documentation and data that contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Expertise with peer reviews and process auditing.
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics.
- Experience determining the resources required to maintain quality control.
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on communications with government customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project), QA applications and databases.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- ISO 9001 trained
- Certified Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt
- Certifications to include Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, ITIL v3 Foundation
- Formal auditor training
- Experience with the Veterans Benefits Administration and the Veterans Claims Intake Process (VCIP)
- Experience with digitization, scanning, paper document conversion and/or claims automation
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal business processes; business process automation and business process integration efforts
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment