Leidos is seeking a Sr Algorithms Development Engineer in the St Petersburg, FL area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
The Sr. Algorithm Development Engineer will assist in the development of prototype code and implementing image-processing/computer vision/Machine Learning techniques leading to regulator testing and certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This process includes design, development, implementation, testing, analysis, data organization and writing technical reports
- Develop new algorithms as well as improvements applied to previously developed algorithms.
- Re-architecting, refactoring, and improving of software quality of existing code
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ using good software engineering techniques.
- Decomposition complex software development projects into manageable tasks and providing level of effort development estimates
- Interfacing with other software teams to interface, integrate, and deploy algorithm component with external software components
- Implement other team member’s ideas as well as working independently.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer / Electrical Engineering or a similar subject and a minimum of 6 yrs+ of relevant experience.
- Extensive computing and strong image processing / computer vision / Machine Learning background
- Strong knowledge of C / C++ programming languages, Matlab, and Linux / Unix operating systems and scripting
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Candidate should be flexible to adapt to the requirements of the algorithm development process.
- Candidate should be organized in storing, communicating technical results and reports in an easy and traceable way to retrieve data to its source
- Candidate should be self-driven, identify problems, share, discuss possible solutions and focus on completing all necessary tasks
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 10% travel required
- Eligibility to apply for secret clearance
- Experience in GPU programming
- Knowledge of Python or similar
- Solid web-based programming skills and relational databases programming
- Advanced degree in related subjects such as computer vision, image processing and :
- Strong understanding of statistical pattern recognition and classification
- Basic knowledge of X-ray systems and technologies
- Current secret clearance
- Knowledge of Six sigma or other continuous improvement processes
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.