Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer who will be responsible for supporting software development activities for autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) and maritime systems for government.
Primary Responsibilities: The successful candidate will support the complete software development lifecycle, including: requirements analysis, design, development, testing and support of software applications running primarily on Linux based environments. The Software Engineer candidate will work on multiple types of projects concurrently, including internal research and development projects with varying scope and complexity. Responsibilities for this position also include interfacing with internal and external customers for requirements definition and interface control documents (ICD’s). The successful candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working independently with minimal oversight.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, Computer Science, or related field (Additional experience, education or training may be considered.)
- Experience with the design, implementation and debugging of applications primarily in C/C++ and other object oriented languages such as Java.
- Design and development of user interfaces using Eclipse, Qt Creator and other IDE’s on a Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.).
- Experience with various design patterns such as MVC, SOA, publish-subscribe and state machines using open standards, services and interfaces.
- Experience developing device drivers that implement serial and TCP/IP interfaces for controllers, actuators and sensors.
- Experience with version control system such as Git and/or SVN.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Must have the ability of obtaining and maintaining a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience developing applications for autonomous systems
- Proficient with UML modeling for software designs using commercial tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Previous experience working in development team that used an Agile methodology
- Experience in developing JAUS and/or ROS componentsKnowledge of UNIX based shell scripting (BASH)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.