Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos requires a talented Technical Lead to work at our customer’s site in Croydon for at least 4 days per week and be prepared to work flexibly to meet our customer and our delivery priorities. There is also an out of hours on-call requirement as the systems under transition require 24/7/365 support.
Specific job description
Required to lead a team of three 3rd line engineers providing support to critical national infrastructure applications, and working in conjunction with the Leidos 2nd line support team for these applications.
Duties of the role;
- Have strong stakeholder management and communication skills, and an ability to influence senior stakeholders in order to lead and achieve delivery of a comprehensive application management service
- Lead the transition of the application from the application development teams (other customer suppliers) into support by the Leidos 2nd & 3rd line teams
- Strong ability to innovate and improve the service support capability/tools/approach in order to move the support solution to a pro-active and automated, alert based approach
- Provide technical approval for all change requests and be the escalation for out of hour emergency changes
- Strong experience with the following technologies and support tools including:
- DevOps Continuous Improvement principles
- Linux OS
- ELK (mainly Kibana)
- Big Data (Hadoop)
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.