The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Elasticsearch Engineer, to play key role with the design, deployment, maintenance, and optimization of the Elasticsearch storage layer for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) working in Reston, VA. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Elasticsearch rests at the core of the system and we want you to help us push it to the extreme to exceed system and customer expectations!
Fun stuff you get to do on the job:
- Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes
- Deploy, configure, test, troubleshoot, maintain, update/upgrade Elastic clusters and environments
- Perform daily administration tasks for Elasticsearch clusters and environments
- Plan resources and continuously optimize the infrastructure and configuration of Elasticsearch to ensure a healthy and high-performance production deployment
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Must have an active TS clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing Elasticsearch infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing large Elasticsearch clusters, developing solutions for indexing heterogeneous datasets and searching/analyzing indexed data
- Experience with monitoring Elasticsearch cluster health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience with Elasticsearch mapping
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query DSL
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with scaling Elasticsearch clusters to meet growth- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with automation tools such as Salt
- Experience with Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
- Experience with Kubernetes and its management platforms such as Rancher
- Experience with Kafka, NiFI
- Elastic Certified Engineer
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query Optimization
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering
- Experience with Python, JSON, or Java
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.