Leidos is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The DBA performs day-to-day technical database administration tasks. This includes database design, database structure identification, database schema definition, database access privilege management, database query optimization, documentation, database instance upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and database protection. The should have experience with SQL Server and SharePoint Database Services administration, data backs-up, data recovery, and updated and fix security patches. Duties also includes reviewing data within the database, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- This role performs database administration tasks.
- This includes database design, database structure identification, database schema definition, database access privilege management, database query optimization, documentation, database instance upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and database protection.
- Reviews data within the database, ensuring user database integrity, maintaining database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Monitors backend data synchronization applications and external data source retrieval, applications.
- Examines customer problems and implements appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return.
- Collaborates on and implements technical solutions.
- Provides remote and desk side support.
- Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
- Supports customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Updates technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Knowledge of standards, concepts and tools to be able to complete technology assignments.
- Domain and working technical knowledge to maintain databases, ensure recovery and provide patches.
- Experience working independently on technical database administration activities in support of a client.
- Experience with SQL Server Administration
- Experience with SharePoint Database Services.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to team members.
- Experience collaborating with team members on requirements and solutions.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- BS and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience, four addition years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree; or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience, five additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.