Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Sr Systems Administrator
This candidate will perform a variety of complex assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems in a high paced environment. The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the NOAA cyber security program.
- Provide technical recommendations for system upgrades, technical refreshes, or new builds per requirements set by the Project Management staff or Team Lead
- Be a technical resource or lead for individual projects when his or her knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the project group or task
- Provide Disaster Recovery recommendations/support for a Primary and Secondary site configuration
- Provide documentation support for designs, implementations, configurations, knowledge base articles
- Assist with Operations and Maintenance duties of backups, application maintenance, and OS patching, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Must be able to maintain and support all virtual datacenters using VMware vSphere solutions
- Support Virtual Infrastructure design, architecture, and implementation support
- Must be able to configure and manage Linux and Windows virtual operating systems and install/load operating systems software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Must be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks as set by the Team Lead
- Provide on-call support for mission critical systems (rotational on-call)
- Develop detailed documentation to describe OS and COTS product deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player
- BS + 8-12 or relevant experience in lieu of BS
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to support the daily maintenance, configuration, and security servers, workstations, and other network peripherals in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Must be able to support current and upcoming engineering projects as set by the Program Management staff
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- VMware Knowledge
- vSphere 5.x/6.x
- Site Recovery Manager
- vSphere Replication
- vRealize Operations Manager
- vCenter/Platform Services Controller
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCTS, or greater)
- VMware Certification (VCP-DCV or greater)
- Security Certification (CISSP, Security+ CE, etc)
- Linux administration certification (RHCSA, RHSE, LFCS, or greater)
- Knowledge of storage area network (SAN) infrastructure (i.e. Brocade, PureStorage, NetApp, EMC, HP 3Par)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Jscript, Unix Shell, Python, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012/2012 R2/2016
- Basis knowledge of RHEL 5/6/7
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration (users, groups, group policy, organizational units)
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop)
- Fairmont, WV
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.