The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a WIN-T INC 2 Instructor/ Field Operations Integrator who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Warfighter Readiness requirements providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on WIN-T INC 2 systems.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation prior to issue.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems
- Active DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain.
Ideal candidates would be experienced in one or more of below functional areas:
- Understands/familiar with Layer 2 concepts (VLANs, MAC Addressing)
- Understands/familiar with Layer 3 concepts (Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN), IP subnetting)
- Understands/familiar with TCP/IP protocol model/OSI reference model
- Understands/familiar with command line interface and syntax of Cisco, Brocade, and Windows operating systems
Network Operations, Security, and Administration
- Understands/familiar with IA and Network Security technologies (network scanning, Firewalls, Host and Network Intrusion Prevention and Detection)
- Understands/familiar with Network Operations (configuration management, network monitoring, fault isolation and remediation)
- Understands/familiar with Windows Server (installation, configuration, operation)
- Understands/familiar with virtualization technologies (installation, configuration, operation of ESXi and VMWare)
- Understands/familiar with Frequency Division Multiple Access and Time Division Multiple Access transmission environments
- Understands/familiar with Radio Frequency and Satellite Communications theory
- Understands/familiar with electronic maintenance actions; preventative maintenance, services, testing and diagnostics
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.