Leidos is seeking software engineers to work with us in developing system software for our aviation security scanners in support of our new Security, Detection and Automation business. As a member of our multidisciplinary Engineering team, our ideal candidate will utilize formal processes to deliver software against actionable requirements and schedules. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include, but are not limited to, the duties described below.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Involve in the full software lifecycle:
- Partake in requirements review, research, design reviews, and code reviews
- Design, develop, build, test and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Develop, present, and conduct test plans
- Produce release notes and installation procedures.
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization.
- Analyze customer issues, trouble shoot and implement solutions.
- Conduct hands-on system-level testing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Leidos is hiring software engineers at all levels of working experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of fundamental features of Object Oriented Architecture, Design and Programming.
Leidos is hiring software engineers in several areas of expertise:
- Proficiency in multi-thread C++, with good knowledge of the language specification.
- Proficiency in socket programing.
- Good working knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL and plus).
- Good understanding of memory management, multicore processors, and distributed systems design.
- Experience with QT or other GUI frame work highly desirable
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions in PLC systems.
- Working knowledge of network communication protocols (EthernetIP, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus)
- Working knowledge of Networking and Switch programming (Dlink and Cisco)
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and NIST CyberFrameWork 800 specifications and controls
- Scripting languages such as Python, Java, Bash, Dos, etc.
Occasional travel to customer sites as required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.